Through coloured render have an acrylic or silicone resin base and are designed to give a durable weatherproof coating with an attractive finish. They out perform traditional sand & cement renders.
Through colour render can be used on new build or refurbishment projects and often go hand in with external wall insulation. Suitable for a wide range of substrates, including standard masonry, substrates with poor absorbency and existing render backgrounds.
What are the advantages of through colour render?
- Low maintenance – The colour runs through the render so maintenance and overpainting requirements are reduced
- Exceptional weather protection & water proofing capabilities
- Long life span – They come with a manufacturers life expectancy of over 30 years
- Vapour permeable – Allows the structure to breath & stops penetrating damp
- Crack resistant – Reinforced systems are available which offer more than 15 times the crack resistance of conventional cementitious render systems
- An extensive range of colours & finishes
What is External Wall Insulation?
External Wall Insulation (EWI) systems consists of fixing rigid insulation boards to the exterior walls of a building, this is then over-coated with a render or cladding. Typically it is applied to solid walled or ‘hard to treat’ non-traditional properties although it is often used on new builds.
EWI one of the most effective ways of improving a building’s Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating, it significantly improves a building’s thermal performance, by slowing down the rate at which heat is lost through the walls.
As a leader in this field for over 30 years, Rateavon have vast experience in installing this solution onto a variety of property types and working with variety of clients. We are approved installers for SPS Envirowall, Alumasc, Alsecco, Knauf, Jub, Gebrick, Mapei and Wetherby.
Why Choose External Wall Insulation?
- Reduced heating bills – Less heat is lost through the walls so the property is more energy efficient resulting in lower heating costs. The walls will be brought up to at least current building regulation standard.
- Improved comfort levels – Applying EWI reduces draughts and cold bridging.
- Condensation – EWI can eliminate interstitial and internal condensation. Associated problems such as damp internal walls and mould growth may also be overcome.
- Prolonged building life – External Walls of the building are protected from the effects of the weather. Some systems have an assessed minimum life of 30 years.
- Building appearance – EWI systems renews the appearance of outer walls and come with an extensive range of decorative finishes and colours.
- Disruption free application – EWI systems are installed externally there is little disruption during the installation and internal space is not infringed upon.
- Enhances sound resistance – EWI systems also offer a level of acoustic resistance, reducing the effects of traffic noise.
- Funding – Some partial funding may be available depending on property and circumstances.
- BBA & ETA approved – All EWI systems we install have been assessed and independently approved by the BBA and ETA which are a symbol of quality and reassurance.
The range of finishes available can be used to give a modern look or to match the finish of the existing property or surrounding properties;
- Through coloured silicone or mineral render – Available in over 600 colours and in different textures.
- Nano-quartz render – This is the latest innovation in render, the 3D structure of the Nano-Quartz technology means it is self-cleaning, has increased resistance to mould & mildew and has high colour fastness.
- Dry Dash – Hard wearing traditional pebble dash finish in a range of colours.
- Brick Effect Render – Render system which simulates the appearance of real brickwork.
- Brick Slips – Clay or acrylic brick slips, giving the impression of a traditional brick wall.
- Cladding – Rain screen, aluminium, terracotta or timber cladding can provide a modern finish.
External wall insulation has been on the market for over 50 years but has been much further developed over the last 15 years. Currently systems have an expected life span of over 30 years but EWI may require refurbishment or repairs during its lifetime.
Rateavon can offer the following services;
- Repairs to cracks or damage (accidental or deliberate damage)
- Removal & replacement of EWI systems
- Remedial works due to poor installation or significant damage
- Redecoration of existing EWI systems
These works must be carried out by an Approved Contractor using approved products to avoid potential problems with product compatibility and warranty. Rateavon will work with the system supplier to ensure any repairs are carried out to specification.
We are approved installers for SPS Envirowall, Alumasc, Alsecco, Knauf, Jub, Gebrick, Mapei and Wetherby.